1. Download the TruuBlue app for iOS (link) or Android (link).
2. Open the TruuBlue app and enter your cell number.
3. Receive a unique code from TruuBlue via text message.
4. Enter the unique code and complete your profile.
5. Allow Notifications and Location Services so TruuBlue can function properly.
6. Start meeting like-minded people in your area.
TruuBlue requires all members to verify their account with a cell number. This is required to ensure the safety and security of our members.
If you’re having trouble logging in, try closing TruuBlue and reopening it. If the issue persists, perform the following tasks:
• Make sure you have a strong internet connection.
• Try switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data to determine whether the problem is related to your connection.
• Check the App Store or Google Play Store to be sure that you have the latest version of TruuBlue installed.
• Delete TruuBlue from your phone. Then download it again and reload it. Your account will not be affected when you delete TruuBlue.
• Be sure you are using the cell number that you previously used.
No, we never share your birthdate with anyone. We only show your age to potential matches.
Studies show that a minimum of three quality photos should be uploaded to your profile. Uploading more than three photos increases your chances of additional matches.
TruuBlue is a geolocation-based dating application. In order to locate potential matches for you in your area, Location Services must be turned ON.
When you have a match, time is of the essence. Matches last 96 hours, so we use Notification services to instantly let you know you have a match waiting to communicate.
We use your email address for two things. First, we use it as a second verification to make sure our members are real and serious about using the app. Second, we periodically send you important announcements about updates, upgrades, news, and other less time-sensitive information.
For security reasons, TruuBlue allows you to change your cellphone number only once. If you need to change your cellphone number more than once, please contact TruuBlue support firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like us to delete the account associated with your old phone number, simply submit a request to email@example.com.
To update the email address associated with your account, select your Profile Photo on the top, left on the main screen. Select Settings, find Email, and select Edit on the right side. Next, select Update on the right side. Enter your new email address and we will send you a code to verify your new email address.
All profile information, preferences, and settings can be found and updated by selecting the Profile Photo on the top, left on the main screen. Simply select Profile, Preferences, or Settings across the top of the Profile Screen. Then find the data element you want to update and select Edit. It’s that easy!
If you're having trouble uploading a photo from your phone, make sure you've given TruuBlueaccess to your phone's photo album. If you denied TruuBlue access to your photos, go to your phone’s settings, find TruuBlue, and enable photo access.
We do not share that information with members as to protect the identities of those who reported the account. We will not respond to inquiries seeking details about a ban.
Our security team. We've taken particular care to ensure that the security team includes diverse individuals from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
If your account was banned, you will not be able to create a new TruuBlue account. If you had a DeepBlue Membership, you may need to cancel your subscription to prevent future payments.
If you subscribed using your Apple ID (iOS) or Google Play Store account (Android), please follow this link for instructions on how to cancel.
The TruuBlue algorithm will present the best Matches first based on your preference settings. Once these potential Matches are exhausted, the algorithm will present other potential Matches most closely adhering to your preference settings.
Some members cast a wide area for potential Matches and others may frequently visit your area. We prioritize potential Matches within your designated distance setting but sometimes show you profiles that extend outside of your setting. Other times, potential members will be in your area and are attempting to match with people from that region.
If one of your matches disappeared, either:
1. That member manually or accidentally unmatched your profile from their Matches screen.
2. That member deleted their TruuBlue profile.
When you update your TruuBlue app, it may take some time for your Matches to repopulate as your app re-syncs with our servers. This can depend on how many Matches you have and how strong your WIFI connection is at the time your app is updated. Logging out and back into the TruuBlue app will refresh your Matches and bring everyone back into your Activity queue.
As a new TruuBlue member, it may take a while to accumulate potential matches. TruuBlue puts an emphasis on the quality of matches over the quantity. Our focus is on generating real potential matches for you, so you may not see quite the volume of potential matches you might see with other “hook-up” apps.
Try updating your photos and videos, and widening your preferences. Another option is to join DeepBlue to maximize your exposure on TruuBlue.
DeepBlue is our premium membership that unlocks the full strength of TruuBlue. In fact, DeepBlue members get twice as many dates!
Better Climate Legislation
Expanded LGBTQIA+ Rights
Stronger Gun Control
Relaxed Immigration Laws
If you get an error message when attempting to join DeepBlue, it potentially means your Apple ID is already associated with a DeepBlue membership on a different TruuBlue account. AnApple ID can only be associated with one TruuBlue account at a time. If you created a new TruuBlue account and want to join DeepBlue, you need to make sure you permanently deleted your old TruuBlue account first. Deleting your account will permanently delete your matches, messages, and other information associated with that account.
1. Sign in to your old TruuBlue account
2. Click your Profile photo on the top left side of the TruuBlue screen
3. Click Settings and then Account
4. Scroll down to Delete Account and select Edit
5. Select Delete My Account – remember, all of your matches, messages, and other information associated with that account will be permanently deleted
A Payment Verification Error may occur if you have multiple TruuBlue accounts and you attempt to join DeepBlue. Make sure you do not have any other TruuBlue accounts associated with your cellphone number. If you find that you do have another account, please delete one of your accounts and attempt to join DeepBlue again.
If you want to change your payment method, you must update it on the platform that you originally used to subscribe (iOS or Android).
• On your iPhone, go to your Settings app > Apple ID > Payment & Shipping > Add Payment Method or Select Edit to update your payment method.
• Open the Google Play Store > Select the Menu icon > My Account > Add Payment Method or Edit Payment Method.
• If you've made an in-app purchase using your Apple ID and have noticed duplicate or incorrect charges on your bank statement, please verify this information with your bank and contact Apple Support to report this issue. Apple handles all transactions directly, including refunds.
• If you've made an in-app purchase using your Google Play Store account and have noticed duplicate or incorrect charges on your bank statement, please verify this information with your bank and contact Google Play Support to report this issue
1. Tap here to view your Subscriptions page
2. Select TruuBlue
3. Select Cancel Subscription
To learn more, please visit Apple’s Support page.
1. Tap here to view your Subscriptions page
2. Select TruuBlue
3. Select Cancel subscription.
4. Follow the instructions on the screen.
To learn more, please visit the Google Play Support page.
If you don't see an option to cancel your subscription, that usually means that your subscription has already been successfully canceled.
I want to request a refund.
If you subscribed through Apple/iTunes:
Apple handles all refunds and cancellations for DeepBlue purchases on iOS devices. All refunds are granted entirely at the discretion of Apple. To request a refund from Apple, please contact iTunes Customer Support directly at https://getsupport.apple.com/.
If you subscribed through Google Play:
The fastest way to get a refund for a DeepBlue membership on your Google Play account is to request it directly from Google. You can find instructions on the Google support page: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7205930.